Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant
Australian Seniors was established to provide cost effective insurance solutions for mature Australians in 1998. We do this by providing a range of insurance products and policies designed to suit those over 50 years old. We believe in supporting the aging community of Australia in a number of ways, and a big area is healthcare. So with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the aged care industry by providing the Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant.
This grant is offered annually to one person. Applications for the 2018–19 grant are now closed and applications for the 2019–20 grant is open until October 31, 2020.
The value of this grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). This amount is paid as a one off payment to the winner.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Aged Care
- Aged Care Nursing
- Dementia Care
- Disabilities Care
- Any other courses leading to similar careers as an aged carer
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age to enter.
To apply for the Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant, you will need to write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We are looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the real reasons you have chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
How to apply
All applicants must email the following documentation to email@example.com
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 500 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The winner of the grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the Australian Seniors team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge. The panel will convene from November 15, 2020 at 50 Norwest Boulevard, Norwest NSW 2153.
The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2021. Please note that the winner for the period 2018–19 will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on January 31, 2020.
See full grant terms and conditions.