Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant
The Australian Seniors was established to provide cost effective insurance solutions for mature Australians in 1998. We do this by providing a range of insurance products and policies designed to suit those over 50 years old. We believe in supporting the aging community of Australia in a number of ways, and a big area is healthcare. So with that in mind, we are helping to encourage the best people into the aged care industry by providing the Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant (“Grant”).
This Grant is offered annually to at least one winning applicant (“Entrant”) up to $5,000. Where the first winning entry does not meet or exceed the total Grant value of AUD $5,000, additional winning Entrant/s will be determined up to this value. Any additional winning Entrant(s) will receive only the portion of the Grant remaining.
Applications for the 2021 Grant are now closed and applications for the 2022 Grant are open until October 31, 2022.
The value of this Grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). The amount is paid as a one-off payment to the winning Entrant/s.
- To be eligible, you must be enrolled full-time in an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution and be studying for a certificate, diploma, degree or traineeship in any of the following areas:
- Aged Care
- Aged Care Nursing
- Dementia Care
- Disabilities Care
- Any other courses leading to similar careers as an aged carer
- Only citizens or permanent residents of Australia can apply.
- You must have reached 18 years of age or older to enter.
- Employees of Australian Seniors Insurance Agency and of Greenstone Financial Services (GFS) and their immediate family members (including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling (“Immediate Family Members”)) are ineligible to enter as an applicant for the Grant.
To apply for the Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant, Entrants will need to write a long form description (maximum 650 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
We are looking for submissions that reflect a real desire to better oneself and/or achieve personal growth. It does not have to be great prose — just honest and from the heart, so Entrants should start thinking about the reasons why and how they would utilise the Grant.
How to enter
Eligible Entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period (defined below under “When to Enter”) by submitting their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response (max word count 500 words); and
- Contact details (including residential address).
The winner of the Grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the Australian Seniors team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the Challenge.
The panel will convene from November 15, 2022.
The winning Entrant/s will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2023.
Please note that the winner for the period 2021 will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2022.
See full grant terms and conditions.