Need to make a claim?
We understand how difficult it can be to face the loss of a loved one. That’s why the benefit is paid as soon as we receive the completed claim documents, without any unnecessary delay. Accidental Death claims will be paid as soon as proof of Accidental Death is received.
Just follow these simple steps:
Your beneficiary, family member or yourself should call us on 1300 306 775 and let us know that a claim will be lodged. Once notified of the claim, we will provide you with a Claim form or you can simply download the most appropriate form below.
Collate these completed forms and documents:
- Claim form
- A certified copy of evidence of death
- A certified copy of evidence of deceased’s age
- A certified copy of proof of your identity and your relationship to the deceased
Complete all forms, and send them along with all required documentation to:
Australian Seniors PO Box 6728 Baulkham Hills NSW 2153
- Make sure you read the claim form carefully and complete it in full. If you don’t we will need to send the form back to you to complete.
- When supplying proof of identification, please make sure each item is valid and hasn’t expired.
- Identification supplied needs to match the name on the claim form (e.g. if the claim form is in the person’s married name then the identification needs to be in the married name).
- All documents provided other than the claim form need to be certified.
- We may need further information to assess the claim and if so we will be in contact with you.
- Claims are generally paid within 1–2 business days on receipt of the completed claim form and supporting documents. Sometimes this may take longer if the documentation is inconclusive. Where this is the case we will seek additional information to process the claim as promptly as possible. We will call you as soon as there is an update and every 10 business days to keep you informed of how your claim is progressing.
- If we are unable to pay your claim, we will explain why and you will also be provided with the opportunity to present extra information to support your claim.
For further information, please refer to our Funeral Insurance FAQ page.
Cover the people that matter most today
For total peace of mind for your entire family, call our friendly team now. We’re here 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturdays on 1300 078 596. You can also request a call-back at a time that suits you.