Holidays are meant to be an enjoyable and relaxing time, but it’s important to remember that pre-trip preparation and planning are just as important as choosing your destination. Here are some tips to help you steer clear of some of the most common mishaps and stress that can disrupt a holiday.
Before you go
- Passport and visas – Check your passport has at least six months’ validity from date of return to your country and any visa requirements.
- Health – Take a list of all your current medications, their generic names, dosages and frequency taken.
- Insurance – Travel insurance is as essential as your passport.
- Mobile devices – Turn off global roaming and data on your phone before you leave. Pick up a local SIM card at your destination and utilize Wi-Fi where possible.
- Photocopy documents – Photocopy your passport and travel documents. Carry a copy with you, separate from your main luggage and leave a copy at home with family.
- Arrange Safe Transportation – Use reputable transportation companies and avoid unmetered taxis.
- Keep Your Belongings Safe – Keep belongings close to you at all times, be wary of strangers and take care in new and unfamiliar areas.
When you’re planning your next trip, consider an Australian Seniors travel insurance policy. One trip international policies start from $49!1
Seniors travel insurance provides the following benefits and more:
- Overseas Medical and Dental Expenses2
- Luggage and Travel Documents, including Loss, Theft or Damage2
- Loss of Deposits and Cancellation Charges2
- Additional Expenses2
- Replacement of Money2
To help you get the most out of your next holiday, Australian Seniors Insurance Agency™ has developed a free downloadable guide called “50 Travel Tips for Seniors” visit www.seniors.com.au/ebook to download your copy today.
SAVE on your Travel Insurance – Get your Travel Insurance Quote today.
- Example based on a 69 year old travelling to South West Pacific for 5 days.
- Chubb and Australian Seniors only provide general advice, and do not consider your objectives, financial situation or needs. To decide if any of these products are right for you, please read the Seniors One Trip Travel Insurance Policy Wording and Product Disclosure Statement and Seniors Annual Travel Insurance Policy Wording and Product Disclosure Statement available at www.seniors.com.au or simply call 13 13 43.