Terms & Conditions
Australian Seniors Aged Care Futures Grant (“Grant”, “Grant Program”) is run by Australian Seniors and as a condition of entry, the entrant (“You”) will be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, and the winner will be chosen based on merit.
- The Promoter is Australian Seniors Insurance Agency (Australian Seniors) (“the Promoter”, “We”, “Us”) ABN 31 604 937 902, AR 1008593 an authorised representative of Greenstone Financial Services Pty Ltd (GFS) (ABN 53 128 692 884, AFSL No. 343079).
- To apply for the Grant, you will need to write an essay (maximum 500 words) on why you want to work in your selected industry and the difference you hope to make in your particular field of study.
- We are looking for submissions that reflect a true desire to improve the quality of people’s lives. It doesn’t have to be great prose, just honest and from the heart, so start thinking about the real reasons you have chosen the career path you have and then put them into words.
- Entry is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are domestic undergraduates enrolled in full-time study in Aged Care, Aged Care Nursing, Dementia Care, Disabilities Care, any other courses leading to similar careers as an aged carer at an accredited Australian Tertiary Education Institution, aged 18 and over at the date they submit their entry, who have fulfilled the requirements in clause 1 (this clause) and clause 2 under ‘Eligible Entrants’ and these terms and conditions in their entirety.
- Immediate family members including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling (“Immediate Family Members”) of Australian Seniors are ineligible to enter. Employees, and Immediate Family Members of Hollard and GFS are also ineligible to enter.
How to enter
- Eligible Entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period (defined below under “When to enter”) by submitting their application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries must include:
- Proof of Identification;
- Proof of enrolment, including course name, tertiary institution name and enrolment status;
- Your response to “the Challenge” (maximum word count is 500 words); and
- Your contact details (including residential address).
- Any entries to this Grant Program must be the entrant’s original work. If an entry is found to be plagiarised, whether wholly or a substantial part, it will be disqualified from this Grant Program. This clause is active despite any communication of the result of the Grant Program.
When to enter
- The entry period for 2019–20 closes October 31, 2020 at 23:59pm (“Entry Period”). All times noted in these Terms and Conditions are based on Sydney, Australia time. Please note that the entry period for 2018–19 is now closed.
- The winner of the Grant will be selected on the basis of the best written entry by a panel of judges. Judging will take place from November 15, 2020, at 50 Norwest Boulevard, Norwest NSW 2153.
- The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as a winner cannot satisfy these Terms and Conditions or take the Grant.
- The winner will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2021. Winner for the 2018–19 will be notified by email and their name will be published on our website on January 31, 2020.
Number of Entries permitted
- Eligible Entrants can only enter once and in their own name. Business names will not be accepted.
- Total Grant value is AUD $5,000. This will be paid directly to the Australian Bank Account of the eligible winner by the Promoter.
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within six weeks of winner announcement to claim fulfilment of the Grant that winner will forfeit the Grant in its entirety and it shall be awarded to the next runner up in the Grant Program. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted.
Further Terms and Conditions – General
- The entrant agrees and acknowledges that they have read these Terms and Conditions and that entry into the Grant Program is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions, in full.
- If any person appearing in any photograph (if used for entering the Grant Program or any part of any entry) is 18 years old or over, You warrant that You have informed them of the nature and likely use of the photograph, and have their consent to do so, prior to submission. If any person appearing in the photograph is under the age of 18, You warrant that You have informed their parent or guardian of the nature and likely use of the photograph, and have the parent or guardian’s consent to do so, prior to submission.
- Each entrant warrants they have copyright, and other intellectual property rights, for the comments or images submitted for the purposes of their entry and as part of their entry, and provides a license to the Promoter to use the comments in future advertising campaigns and for remarketing purposes. This license is non-revocable except with the express consent of the Promoter. Each Grant entrant holds the Promoter harmless for any liabilities associated with the unauthorised use of any content or image that has been included in their entry.
- Any eligible entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry mechanism in any way, engages in any unlawful or improper conduct which jeopardises or is likely to jeopardise the fair or proper conduct of the Grant, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to receive the prize or enter further Grant Programs run by the Promoter.
- If this Grant is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and to the fullest extent permitted by law to: (a) disqualify any entrant or claimant; or (b) modify, suspend, terminate, or cancel the Grant Program, as appropriate.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Grant Program. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- If for any reason this Grant Program is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Grant Program, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the grant program.
- All entrants must only submit their own original answers. Any such answers cannot be previously published in any forum worldwide. All entries become the property of the Promoter and cannot be returned. Entries that are found to have been derived from a third party will be considered invalid and, if awarded the Grant, the Grant value must be returned to the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered. Incomplete, indecipherable, incorrect and illegible entries, as applicable, will at the Promoter’s discretion be deemed invalid and not eligible to win. Entries containing offensive or defamatory comments, or which breach any law or infringe any third party rights, including intellectual property rights, are not eligible to win. The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The judges’ decision in relation to any aspect of the Grant Program is final and binding on each person who enters. Chance plays no part in determining any winner. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this Grant cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this Grant Program if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this program. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this Grant Program.
- Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or wilful misconduct) in connection with this Grant Program or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The entrant will participate in and co-operate as required with all reasonable marketing and editorial activities relating to the Promotion, including (but not limited to) being recorded, photographed, filmed or interviewed and acknowledges that the Promoter may use any such marketing and editorial material without further reference or compensation to them.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications and the entrant must seek their own independent financial advice in regards to the tax implications relating to the prize or acceptance of the prize.
- Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of these rights.