Australian Seniors Technology Grant
Since Australian Seniors launched in Australia in 1998, we have strived to become a supportive and quality-focused brand within the seniors community. Our goal is to improve the quality of every Australian senior’s lives by providing trusted and cost-effective insurance products designed to suit the needs of the over 50s population.
We understand how important technology education and opportunities are within our communities, and particularly for the seniors population. With Australia’s over 50s being our focus, we have launched the Australian Seniors Technology Grant ("Grant") – a Grant paid to one eligible over 50s senior to assist with improving their technology education and skills.
This Grant is offered annually to at least one winning applicant ("Entrant") up to $5,000. Where the first winning entry does not meet or exceed the total Grant value of AUD $5,000, additional winning Entrant/s will be determined up to this value. Any additional winning entrant(s) will receive only the portion of the Grant remaining.
Applications for the 2022 Grant are now open until October 31, 2022.
The value of this Grant is AUD $5,000 (total amount). The amount is paid as a one-off payment to the winning Entrant/s.
- Entry is open to citizens or permanent residents of Australia aged 50 and over at the date they submit their entry, who have fulfilled the requirements of the Terms and Conditions in their entirety.
- Employees of Australian Seniors Insurance Agency and of Greenstone Financial Services (GFS) and their immediate family members (including the spouse, de-facto spouse, parent, guardian, child or sibling ("Immediate Family Members")) are ineligible to enter as an applicant for the Grant.
To apply for the Australian Seniors Technology Grant, entrants will need to write a long form description (maximum 650 words) on what they will do with the allocated Grant, and how it will improve their technology skills and/or improve their quality of life.
We are looking for submissions that reflect a real desire to better oneself and/or achieve personal growth. It does not have to be great prose — just honest and from the heart, so entrants should start thinking about the reasons why and how they would utilise the Grant.
Each entry that is submitted, must align to one or more of the following:
- Health - clearly provide intent and evidence of planned technology-based activity/s that would promote the health of the intended beneficiaries.
- Learning and development - clearly outline the plan of learning or course outline that would lead to an improved skill or quality of life using technology.
- Information and technology - provide a justified summary of a current lack of access to information and/or technology (including online/remote learning tools) that would prove highly useful for intended beneficiaries.
How to enter
Eligible Entrants must submit their entry during the Entry Period (defined below under “When to Enter”) by submitting their application by email to email@example.com.
Entries must include:
- Proof of identification of the Entrant;
- Subject line to read "Australian Seniors Technology Grant + First name";
- Any/all evidence of planned activity/s for which the Entrant is seeking the Grant;
- Entrant’s response to "The challenge" (maximum word count is 650 words).
Any entries must be the Entrant’s original work. If an entry is found to be plagiarised, whether wholly or a substantial part, it will be disqualified from this Grant. This clause is active despite any communication of the result of the Grant.
The winner(s) of the Grant will be selected and awarded by a panel of judges from the Australian Seniors Insurance Agency team on the basis of the entry that best grasps the challenge.
The panel for the 2022 Grant will convene from November 15, 2022.
The winning Entrant/s will be notified via email and their name will be published on our website on February 2, 2023.
See full Terms and Conditions.